Follow the Example of Christ

I must speak concerning the doctrine of Christ.

Wherefore, I would that ye should remember that
I have spoken unto you concerning that prophet
which the Lord showed unto me,
that should baptize the Lamb of God,
which should take away the sins of the world.

And now, if the Lamb of God, he being holy,
should have need to be baptized by water,
to fulfil all righteousness,
O then, how much more need have we, being unholy,
to be baptized, yea, even by water!

And now, I would ask of you,
wherein the Lamb of God did fulfil all righteousness
in being baptized by water?

Know ye not that he was holy?

But notwithstanding he being holy,
he showeth unto the children of men that,
according to the flesh
he humbleth himself before the Father,
and witnesseth unto the Father that
he would be obedient unto him
in keeping his commandments.

Wherefore, after he was baptized with water
the Holy Ghost descended upon him
in the form of a dove.

And again, it showeth unto the children of men
the straitness of the path,
and the narrowness of the gate,
by which they should enter,
he having set the example before them.

And he said unto the children of men: Follow thou me.

Wherefore can we follow Jesus
save we shall be willing
to keep the commandments of the Father?

And the Father said: Repent ye, repent ye,
and be baptized in the name of my Beloved Son.

And also, the voice of the Son came unto me, saying:
He that is baptized in my name,
to him will the Father give the Holy Ghost, like unto me;
wherefore, follow me, and do the things
which ye have seen me do.