Bring Souls Unto Christ

And when he had spoken unto them,
he turned himself unto the three, and said unto them:
What will ye that I should do unto you,
when I am gone unto the Father?


And they sorrowed in their hearts,
for they durst not speak unto him
the thing which they desired.

And he said unto them:
Behold, I know your thoughts,
and ye have desired the thing which John, my beloved,
who was with me in my ministry,
before that I was lifted up by the Jews, desired of me.

Therefore, more blessed are ye,
for ye shall never taste of death;
but ye shall live to behold all the doings
of the Father unto the children of men,
even until all things shall be fulfilled
according to the will of the Father,
when I shall come in my glory
with the powers of heaven.

And ye shall never endure the pains of death;
but when I shall come in my glory
ye shall be changed in the twinkling of an eye
from mortality to immortality;
and then shall ye be blessed in the kingdom of my Father.

And again, ye shall not have pain
while ye shall dwell in the flesh,
neither sorrow save it be for the sins of the world;
and all this will I do
because of the thing which ye have desired of me,
for ye have desired that ye might bring
the souls of men unto me, while the world shall stand.

And for this cause ye shall have fulness of joy;
and ye shall sit down in the kingdom of my Father;
yea, your joy shall be full, even as
the Father hath given me fulness of joy;
and ye shall be even as I am,
and I am even as the Father;
and the Father and I are one;

And the Holy Ghost beareth record of the Father and me;
and the Father giveth the Holy Ghost
unto the children of men, because of me.

And it came to pass that
when Jesus had spoken these words,
he touched every one of them with his finger
save it were the three who were to tarry,
and then he departed.
(3 Nephi 28:4-12)