Come Follow Jesus Christ

And he said unto the children of men:
Follow thou me.

Wherefore, my beloved brethren,
can we follow Jesus save we shall be willing
to keep the commandments of the Father?


And the Father said: Repent ye, repent ye,
and be baptized in the name of my Beloved Son.

And also, the voice of the Son came unto me, saying:
He that is baptized in my name,
to him will the Father give the Holy Ghost, like unto me;
wherefore, follow me, and do the things
which ye have seen me do.

Wherefore, I know that if ye shall follow the Son,
with full purpose of heart, acting no hypocrisy
and no deception before God, but with real intent,
repenting of your sins,
witnessing unto the Father that ye are willing to
take upon you the name of Christ, by baptism—
yea, by following your Lord and your Savior
down into the water, according to his word,
behold, then shall ye receive the Holy Ghost;
yea, then cometh the baptism of fire and of the Holy Ghost;
and then can ye speak with the tongue of angels,
and shout praises unto the Holy One of Israel.
(2 Nephi 31:10-13)