Born Again Through Jesus Christ

And it came to pass that
as I was thus racked with torment,
while I was harrowed up
by the memory of my many sins,
behold, I remembered also to have heard
my father prophesy unto the people concerning
the coming of one Jesus Christ, a Son of God,
to atone for the sins of the world.


Now, as my mind caught hold upon this thought,
I cried within my heart: O Jesus, thou Son of God,
have mercy on me, who am in the gall of bitterness,
and am encircled about by the everlasting chains of death.

And now, behold, when I thought this,
I could remember my pains no more; yea,
I was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more.

And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold;
yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain!

Yea, I say unto you that there could be nothing
so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains.

Yea, and again I say unto you that on the other hand,
there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy.

But behold, my limbs did receive their strength again,
and I stood upon my feet, and did manifest
unto the people that I had been born of God.
(Alma 36:17-21 & 23)