Raised By Christ

And behold, again it hath been spoken,
that there is a first resurrection,
a resurrection of all those who have been,
or who are, or who shall be,
down to the resurrection of Christ from the dead.


Now, we do not suppose that this first resurrection,
which is spoken of in this manner,
can be the resurrection of the souls
and their consignation to happiness or misery.

Ye cannot suppose that this is what it meaneth.

Behold, I say unto you, Nay; but it meaneth
the reuniting of the soul with the body,
of those from the days of Adam
down to the resurrection of Christ.

Now, whether the souls and the bodies
of those of whom has been spoken
shall all be reunited at once,
the wicked as well as the righteous,
I do not say; let it suffice, that I say
that they all come forth; or in other words,
their resurrection cometh to pass
before the resurrection of those
who die after the resurrection of Christ.

Now I do not say that their resurrection
cometh at the resurrection of Christ;
but behold, I give it as my opinion,
that the souls and the bodies are reunited,
of the righteous, at the resurrection of Christ,
and his ascension into heaven.
(Alma 40:16-20)