Behold, I am Jesus Christ

And it came to pass,
as they understood
they cast their eyes up
again towards heaven;
and behold, they saw a Man
descending out of heaven;
and he was clothed
in a white robe;
and he came down and
stood in the midst of them;
and the eyes of the
whole multitude were
turned upon him,
and they durst not
open their mouths,
even one to another,
and wist not what it meant,
for they thought it was
an angel that had
appeared unto them.

And it came to pass
that he stretched forth
his hand and spake
unto the people, saying:

Behold, I am Jesus Christ,
whom the prophets
testified shall
come into the world.

And behold,
I am the light
and the life
of the world;
and I have drunk
out of that bitter cup
which the Father
hath given me,
and have
glorified the Father
in taking upon me
the sins of the world,
in the which
I have suffered
the will of the Father
in all things from the beginning.

And it came to pass
that when Jesus had
spoken these words
the whole multitude
fell to the earth;
for they remembered
that it had been
prophesied among them
that Christ should
show himself unto them
after his ascension into heaven.