The compasion of Christ

Behold, now
it came to pass
that when Jesus
had spoken these words
he looked round about
again on the multitude,
and he said unto them:
Behold, my time is at hand.

I perceive that ye are weak,
that ye cannot understand
all my words which I am
commanded of the Father
to speak unto you
at this time.

And it came to pass
that when Jesus
had thus spoken,
he cast his eyes
round about again
on the multitude,
and beheld
they were in tears,
and did look steadfastly
upon him as if
they would ask him to
tarry a little longer with them.

And he said unto them:
Behold, my bowels are
filled with compassion
towards you.

Have ye any that
are sick among you?

Bring them hither.

Have ye any that
are lame, or blind,
or halt, or maimed,
or leprous, or that
are withered,
or that are deaf,
or that are afflicted
in any manner?

Bring them hither
and I will heal them, for
I have compassion upon you;
my bowels are filled with mercy.

For I perceive
that ye desire that
I should show unto you
what I have done
unto your brethren
at Jerusalem,
for I see that
your faith is sufficient
that I should heal you.

And it came to pass that
when he had thus spoken,
all the multitude,
with one accord,
did go forth with
their sick and their afflicted,
and their lame,
and with their blind,
and with their dumb,
and with all them that were
afflicted in any manner;
and he did heal them every one
as they were brought forth unto him.

And they did all,
both they who had been healed
and they who were whole,
bow down at his feet,
and did worship him;
and as many as could
come for the multitude
did kiss his feet,
insomuch that they did
bathe his feet
with their tears.